Springtime
Today I walked in the forest of joy
I called out your name with a cry
A bird started to sing
it flew with with a message:
"The springtime is here,
its time for your love."
The wind came with an answer:
"I'm coming before the sunrise
I'll bring you my ring of glory,
so wait by the oak tree of mercy
you'll see me by the time of the dawn."
I made a crown of roses
its colour was red as blood
I waited to hear your footsteps,
but all I could hear was the wind.
A bird started to sing:
"He's coming! His coming is here!"
I looked at the shadows in the forest
impossibly it was to see your face.
You came in the silence
when my hope was gone
You came and you gave me
Your precious gift.
The Magic of Life, 1996.

Inga kommentarer:
Skicka en kommentar